At Leonardo, we use a single supplier register, managed and overseen for the entire Group by Leonardo Global Solutions. This means we can manage the supplier lifecycle from the self-application phase through to pre-qualification and qualification, as well as subsequent performance assessment.
This is how the supplier qualification process works:
- Self-nomination: Here you can become a potential supplier and be invited to participate in Leonardo’s negotiation processes. After completing the self-application form, you will be asked to fill in specific questionnaires for selected product categories. Leonardo may periodically request that this be updated.
- Pre-qualification: Becoming a pre-qualified supplier is required to take part in Leonardo’s business processes. This involves the assessment of ethical-legal (including those related to anticorruption measures, composition of ownership structure/final beneficiary, etc.) and economic-financial requirements, managed by the Procurement department of Leonardo Global Solutions. If the requirements are not met and/or the risks emerging from the pre-qualification process cannot be mitigated, it is not possible to become Leonardo suppliers.
- Qualification: Being a qualified supplier to a Leonardo Division or a Group Company is mandatory before signing a contract or being issued with a purchase order by the specific Leonardo Division or Group Company. At this stage, technical, organisational and productive requirements of the supplier are assessed and qualification is assigned by the relevant divisional Procurement and Quality System departments.
The requirements for the pre-qualification of suppliers will be checked at least every two years or when significant changes occur. If these requirements are not fulfilled, the pre-qualification of the supplier will be revoked. In case of prequalification granted with alert, the requirements will be checked annually.
When there are risk factors (including risk concerning the ownership structure), a reputational analysis is requested and performed by the O.U. Security.
The supplier onboarding process is supervised by Leonardo’s Group Internal Audit, which performs annual audits to verify the compliance with procedures, as part of the annual risk-based Audit Plan. Leonardo updates or reviews supplier onboarding procedures periodically, also taking into account the audits results.
All potential suppliers who start the self-application procedure will be asked to specify the product category or categories of reference for their business indicated by Leonardo Global Solutions. For help with selecting the most appropriate product category, you can view the product group tree of Leonardo Global Solutions.
For any support you may need in using the self-nomination and qualification tools, you can contact the dedicated help-desk service, using the following channels:
- By writing to the following e-mail address email@example.com
- By calling the toll-free number 800 591122 (valid only for calls from Italy) from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- By calling +39 06 54641514 (also valid for calls from outside Italy) from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.