Rome 08 May 2018 15:30
- Clear signs of recovery in Helicopters
- FY 2018 Guidance confirmed
- Steps forward in the execution of the Industrial Plan to strengthening commercial approach: «Leonardo International»
- New order intake at € 2.2 billion
- Revenues at € 2.5 billion
- EBITA at € 153 million and Profitability (RoS) at 6.2%
- FOCF amounted to negative € 1.1 billion, in line with the usual seasonal trend
- Group Net Debt at € 3.6 billion
- New Orders: amounted to EUR 2,164 million, showed a decline of 18.2%, mainly due to major contracts booked in 2017 in Aeronautics for activities in support to the EFA aircraft fleet for the period from 2017 to 2021
- Order Backlog: amounted to EUR 33,360 million compared to EUR 33,637 million at 31 December 2017
- Revenues: amounted to EUR 2,451 million +3.8% vs. 1Q 2017, higher mainly due to the growth reported in Helicopters, which had been affected by a lower number of deliveries in 2017 made in the civil segment
- EBITA: amounted to EUR 153 million, compared to EUR 155 million in 1Q 2017
- EBIT: amounted to EUR 121 million, compared to EUR 123 million in 1Q 2017
- Net Result before extraordinary transactions: amounted to EUR 50 million, compared to EUR 49 million in 1Q 2017
- Net Result: amounted to EUR 50 million, equal to the net result before extraordinary transactions on account of the absence of extraordinary transactions.
- Free Operating Cash Flow (FOCF): amounted to negative EUR 1,057 million, in line with the Group’s seasonal trend to record considerable cash outflows during the first quarters, while the value for the first quarter of 2017 had benefitted from the substantial contribution from the EFA Kuwait contract, as a result of the collection of the second advance payment during the quarter
- Group Net Debt: amounted to EUR 3,595 million mainly as a result of cash outflows for the period
In consideration of the results achieved in the first quarter of 2018 and of the expectations for the following ones, we confirm the Guidance for the full year that was made at the time of the preparation of the financial statements at 31 December 2017.
|1Q 2018||1Q 2017 restated||Chg.||Chg. %||FY 2017 restated|
|EBIT Margin||4,9%||5,2%||(0,3) p.p.||7,2%|
|Net result before extraordinary transactions||50||49||1||2,0%||279|
|Group Net Debt||3.595||3.254||341||10,5%||2.579|
(*) EBITDA is obtained eliminating from EBITA the amortization and depretiation of the portion of the purchase price allocated to intangible assets as part of business combinations, restructuring costs that are a part of defined and significant plans, other exceptional costs or income, i.e. connected to particularly significant events that are not related to the ordinary performance of the business.
(**) EBITA is obtained by eliminating from EBIT the following items: any impairment in goodwill; amortisation and impairment, if any, of the portion of the purchase price allocated to intangible assets as part of business combinations, restructuring costs that are a part of defined and significant plans; other exceptional costs or income, i.e. connected to particularly significant events that are not related to the ordinary performance of the business.
(***) EBIT is obtained by adding to earnings before financial income and expense and taxes the Group’s share of profit in the results of its strategic Joint Ventures (ATR, MBDA, Thales Alenia Space and Telespazio).