The Board of Statutory Auditors, composed of five Standing Auditors and two Alternate Auditors, is appointed by the Shareholders’ Meeting on the basis of the "list voting” mechanism; it performs specific supervisory tasks that are required by law, particularly in relation to:
- compliance with the Law and the Articles of Association
- compliance with the proper management principles
- appropriateness and efficiency of the organisational structure as well as of the internal control and risk management system in addition to the administrative/accounting system of the Company
- modalities for effectively implementing the corporate governance rules pursuant to the Corporate Governance Code, which the Company has adopted
- appropriateness of the provisions given to subsidiaries, in accordance with the law
The Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors is appointed by the Shareholders’ Meeting from amongst the Auditors elected by a minority.