It features an S-Band magnetron transmitter with a 2nd generation solid-state modulator, a digital receiver, a high-precision antenna and Rainbow® 5, the most up-to-date software package for meteorological users.
The METEOR 700S sets the benchmark in weather radar technology for Meteorological Services particularly on long-range surveillance and extreme precipitation in tropical regions. The METEOR 700S combines cutting-edge technologies with straight-forward and reliable implementation.
- High-end DWR with unparalleled price-performance ratio
- Proven magnetron technology
- Graceful degradation modulator
- Wide dynamic range receiver, based on Dynrex dual-channel implementation
- Proprietary high power filter technology, compliant with EU RTTE Directive
- Low lifecycle costs due to high reliability
- Improved range resolution and scanning speed through multi-trip echo recovery
- S-Band advantage: Optimised for long-range surveillance under conditions of extreme precipitations