SkyWard has been designed and developed to satisfy the more demanding requirements of 5th generation fighter aircraft with an embedded solution. A pod configuration is also available to allow easy installation on existing platforms.
It comprises two Line Replaceable Units (LRU) - a Sensor Head Unit (SHU) and a Processor Unit (PU).
- Passive Operation (immune to electronic detection and RF Countermeasures)
- Mid or Long Wave IR
- Long range detection
- Wide scan volume
- Selectable Field Of View (FOV):
- Open architecture
- Air cooled
- Broad suite of field proven air-to-air, air-to-surface and navigation modes
- Detection and tracking of a high number of targets
- Algorithms for low false alarm rate
- Growth capability to extend the existing features, including dual IR band detector and sensor fusion with radar
- Passive Ranging