The capacious aperture of the Eurofighter Typhoon allows the installation of Captor-E’s optimised and repositionable array whose field of regard is some 50 per cent wider than traditional fixed plate systems.
This wide field of regard offers significant benefits in both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Surface engagements and given the large power and aperture available provides the pilot with much enhanced angular coverage compared to fixed plate systems.
CAPTOR-E will provide the following Key Features:
- Multimode Air/Air and Air/Ground fire control radar with WFoR re-positioner
- Increased Air-to-Air Range -Faster detection and tracking of targets
- Improved Tracking Performance
- Interleaved/ 'simultaneous' Air/Air & Air/Ground
- Extended Missile Guidance -Increased Operational Availability
- Reduced Life Cycle Cost -Growth Potential for Future Enhancements