The PRISMA Lab team is working on the Drone Contest project and the key roles for this challenge are: software development, mechanical development, prototyping and mechatronic design.
- The main goal of the PhD candidate is to perform research on mobile flying robots considering both control issues and high-level reasoning and planning, integrating cross-disciplinary concepts. Moreover, the study of the dynamic model of non-conventional drones, e.g., omnidirectional platforms, and possible non-linear control laws will be considered even in case of a physical interaction with the environment. The production of new scientific and experimental contributions is expected.
- Development of versatile and efficient mechatronics solutions for lightweight UAVs with payloads;
- Development of novel AI-based navigation algorithms based on semi-structured environments;
- Development of area coverage and formation control algorithms for robotic swarms;
- Development of new control laws for the stabilization of omni-directional drones with a complex dynamics and in a physical interaction with the environment.