This area of research will support Leonardo’s innovation process and the adoption of cutting-edge digital technologies which run on High Performance Computing (HPC). Special focus will be placed on participation in European projects and consortia such as GAIA-X and EuroHPC. In particular, this research area will:
- Deploy and run third-party or proprietary applications used to design Leonardo products
- Optimise the applications to maximise the exploitation of HPC
- Support code modernisation and porting of proprietary applications
- Work on deployment of Big Data and AI tools and frameworks
- Work on optimisation, support, and collaboration for scaling up Big Data frameworks and AI training
- Support the optimisation of the hyperparameters of neural networks
- Support the creation of data lakes – locations to store data at scale
- Collaborate in numerical modelling and software engineering of new applications
- Contribute to training and dissemination activities on HPC and Big Data
- Implement a company/customer cloud solution to adopt IaaS, PaaS and SaaS paradigms.
The Leonardo Labs, which will develop skills transversal to the company’s business areas in the field of High Performance Computing/Cloud, are: Future Rotorcraft Technologies, Future Aircraft Technologies, Materials Technologies, Space Technologies, Future Electronics & Sensing, Quantum Technologies, Applied Artificial Intelligence, HPC\Cloud\Big Data Technologies, Intelligent Autonomous System, Future Security & Safety Technologies.