We are committed to contributing to the achievement of four of the SDGs by the promotion of the scientific citizenship, the strengthening of the small and medium enterprises, the technological partnerships, the innovative processes and the continuous improvement of products and solutions for society and the environment.
Spread a culture of innovation and provide access to young generations to education and the STEM disciplines to create opportunities for them, develop their talent and renovate knowledge and technical skills.
Substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship.
- About 2,500 internships, apprenticeships and training initiatives in the 2017-2019 period.
- Over 5,000 under 30 new hires in the 2017-2019 period.
- About 50,000 students reached at the career days in 2019.
Contribute to economic and social progress within the contexts where the Company operates through manufacturing, technological development and investing in people and their skills, by creating qualified work opportunities and favouring the growth of small and medium-sized companies.
Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation.
Promote productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalisation and growth of micro-, small- and medium sized enterprises.
- €24 billion the cumulated value of purchases during the 2017-2019 period.
- Direct, indirect and induced impacts on the economy: in Italy, 110,000 jobs and €8.5 billion of added value created; in the United Kingdom approximately 23,000 jobs and approximately £1.5 billion of added value created.
Encourage technological development through a collaborative innovation approach, by sharing resources, skills and structures with external partners, to generate stronger and more stable industrial, environmental and social development over time, to favour employment and to create value for all stakeholders.
Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all Countries, […] encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers per one million people and the related spending.
- About €4.5 billion of total R&D expense for the 2017-2019 period.
- Research projects and partnerships with more than 90 universities and research centres.
- Responsible for 18% of all high-tech Italian manufacturing exports.
- Products and solutions offered in around 150 Countries.
- 200 highly qualified civil staff will be activated by the Galatina School in related activities.
Prevent and mitigate climate change through technological solutions used for Earth observation and monitoring natural phenomena, the reduction of its CO2 emission and the development of low environmental-impact products and systems.
Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all Countries.
Improve education, awareness-raising, human, and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
- About 50,000 tonnes of waste recovered in the 2017-2019 period.
- About 90,000 tonnes of CO2 avoided thanks to the use of virtual training in 2018-2019 period.
- About 1.7 million cubic metres of water saved since 2017 thanks to efficiency measures.