The wellbeing, fitness and fundraising challenge was in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and was an opportunity for Leonardo's global workforce to come together for this virtual and COVID-secure project.
Throughout the seven-day Race to Space challenge, participants cycled, ran, walked and swam various distances – wherever they were in the world – collectively travelling over 88,039km. All activities and data were captured on the Race to Space Strava group.
- Total elevation = 827,005m...the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest 93 times!
- Number of athletes = 1,508
- Number of activities recorded = 4,946
- Total hours = 5,658 hours 55 minutes...the equivalent of almost eight months
- Estimated number of calories burned = 2,152,740...the equivalent of 10,604 slices of rich indulgent chocolate cake!
As well as focusing on people's physical and mental wellbeing, Race to Space was an opportunity for participants to fundraise for their local charities.
Throughout the challenge, participants shared photos and videos of their various via social media using the hashtag #LeonardoR2S.