Within the family of services offered, our Service Capabilities feature activities that integrate across all activities to ensure the quality of support of our products and services is maintained to the highest standards.
We provide through life and long term support across all of our products and solutions to ensure their upkeep and to provide for upgrades and updates that maintain or improve operational performance and efficiency.
We provide Design Services to provide the technical know-how to enable the upkeep of product and systems while in-service, and enable upgrades and updates to be performed during the life-cycle of the product or system.
These services include:
• Design and documentation of mid-life updates
• Integrated logistic support management
• Maintenance planning
• Obsolescence monitoring and supportability analysis
• Product and system design authority
• Reliability, availability, maintainability and safety studies
• Studies for system update and upgrade
• Technical investigations, queries and publications.
Modelling and Simulation
We provide a range of Modelling and Simulation capabilities ranging from modelling logistics chains through to Simulation of concepts to test ideas and modes of operations.
• Avionics systems trainer
• Synthetic environments in support of test and evaluation
• Generic mission training and UAV training simulators
• Multimode airborne radar simulator
• Netcomm simulation environment for Land and Naval
• Proof of concept simulators and computer generated imagery
• Reconfigurable simulator core
• VIR3x Image Generator System.
These tools evolve to meet the changing needs of the users where complexity is managed by simplification and automation to enable real-time visual insight to the solution.
Tool and Processes
We are at the forefront in providing the ‘back-room’ support capabilities that underpin performance to the front line user. When working with Leonardo, a suite of logistic tools and processes are available including:
• Service Design
- Integrated logistic support service modelling, design and validation
- World class logistic and asset management systems and processes.
• Service Delivery
- Customer support service desk for query answering and technical support
- Failure reporting analysis and corrective action system
- Analysing legacy data and evolving fault isolation trends
- Bringing no-fault-found reduction outcomes
- Underpinned by intelligent diagnostic decision making processes
- Web based support.
• Through Life Service Support
- Component monitoring and management
- Technology and product lifecycle reviews and route-mapping.
Training and Knowledge Transfer
Training and access to ongoing expertise is provided to Customers, end users and maintainers in support of our products and services. The extent of interaction can be varied from one of engagement providing face-to-face training to long term, organisational access to training material and User Group/SME expert support.
Our capabilities are also used directly by our educational Customers to help them identify, scope, acquire, and support the most appropriate total training solution to meet their delivery needs. Whether it’s in support of our products or meeting our Customers’ wider training needs our solutions include the right blend of classroom and on-line material including:
• Computer based training / computer aided instruction
• Virtual and physical maintenance trainers
• Operational desktop simulation and full mission simulation
• On-line and ‘Live’ Leonardo Training Centres
• Training delivered at the Customers’ location
• Knowledge transfer services and offset solutions.
We provide through life management of products that identify when upgrades may be necessary to deal with obsolescence, mode improvements or other criteria to satisfy operational or safety considerations.
Recent examples of technology insertion programmes demonstrate the scope of capabilities and include:
• Upgrade to video recording systems with digital technology on fighter jets.
• Replacing display technology with the latest flat screen solutions on helicopters and land systems.
• Leading the primary sensor upgrades programmes within a multi-national consortium.
• Multi-platform upgrades to the latest indicator friend or foe standards.