CAPTOR-E is the future primary sensor on Eurofighter Typhoon. It is Wide Field of Regard AESA radar which is the evolutionary approach to the proven Captor- M radar by technology insertion.
CAPTOR-E will provide the following Key Features:
- Multimode Air/Air and Air/Ground fire control radar with WFoR re-positioner
- Increased Air-to-Air Range -Faster detection and tracking of targets
- Improved Tracking Performance
- Interleaved/ 'simultaneous' Air/Air & Air/Ground
- Extended Missile Guidance -Increased Operational Availability
- Reduced Life Cycle Cost -Growth Potential for Future Enhancements
CAPTOR-E is being developed by the Euroradar consortium.The Airborne and Space Systems Division, is the lead contractor for ER and interfaces with the purchaser BAE SYSTEMS on behalf of Eurofighter GmbH.