Alenia launches photo contest to celebrate its Centenary
Alenia Aermacchi, the sole aviation company in the world to boast over a century of activity under the same shared brand, has launched a photo contest titled: “One Hundred Years Young”. The competition is open to all amateur photographers.
Interested applicants should send one photo only, not edited or enhanced, of a plane that’s manufacturing involved at least one of the companies which merged into Alenia Aermacchi (www.aleniaaermacchi100.it for the history of the company). The photo shall portray an entire plane, antique or modern, on-ground or in-flight, in-service with any air force, airline or private operator, manufactured between 1913 to today. Antique photos from private collections are eligible to be submitted.
Deadline for submission is November 30, 2013, while the winner, selected by a committee of experts, will be announced on December 16.
- The winner shall be awarded with the following prizes:
- Guided tour of an Alenia Aermacchi aircraft
- Visit to Alenia Aermacchi’s Integrated Training Centre
- Publication of the photo on the front cover of Alenia Aermacchi’s Calendar 2014
- Desk model of the M-346, scale 1/40
- Publication of the photo on Alenia Aermacchi’s website and Twitter link to all Alenia Aermacchi’s followers
Furthermore, the first, second, and third prize photos will be published in the Finmeccanica Magazine and on Alenia Aermacchi’s website (www.aleniaaermacchi.it). The authors will receive Alenia Aermacchi’s 2014 calendar and a desk model of the C-27J.
A special prize shall be also awarded to the best snapshot in the 16-and-under years old photographer category.
Please click here to download full contest regulations.