COMPACT AND CAPABLE
The SW-4 is the light single-engine multi-mission helicopter, designed to operate in day and night VFR conditions; an excellent entry point to the light turbine helicopter segment for operational and training requirements.
Operators benefit from modern technology, low operational cost and a rapidly reconfigurable cabin for multi-role versatility, certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency under Jar 27.
Pilots experience an easy to fly platform, with best-in-class range which features state-of-the art structural components and rotor blades with extensive use of composite materials.
MTOW: 1800 kg
Powerplant: 1 x Rolls-Royce 250 C20-R/2SP (Take Off: 450 shp)
Crew/Passengers: 1 or 2 pilots with up to 5 passengers
|Max Gross weight||1,800||Kg||3,968||lb|
|Basic Empty Weight||998||Kg||2,200||lb|
|Sling Load Capacity||650||Kg||1,433||lb|
|Engine Rating (RR 250-C20R/ 2SP)|
|Take off power||336||KW||450||shp|
|Maximum continuous power||283||KW||380||shp|
|Take off power (5 min)||326||KW||437||shp|
|Pilots / passengers||1 - 2 / up to 5|
|Overall length (rotors turning)||10.58||m||34||ft||8||in|
|Overall height (rotors turning)||3.14||m||10||ft||3||in|
|Performance (ISA, MGW)|
|Max cruise speed (SL-MCP)||206||km/h||111||kt|
|Rate of climb (SL-TOP)||6.6||m/s||1,299||ft/mn|
|Service ceiling (MCP)||3,900||m||12,795||ft|
|Max range *||752||Km||406||nm|
|Max endurance *||5h03m|
* @ 5,000 ft, ISA
• Engine fire extinguishing system
• Hydraulic powered removable dual controls
• Crashworthy seats
• Dual pilot instrument panel configuration and additional Com / nav equipment
• Emergency simulation unit. This feature simulates helicopter stability and controllability in emergency situations such as: hydraulic system failure, attitude indicator failure, gyro-compass failure
• Pilot training for day and night flights under simulated IFR conditions
• NVG training for day and night flights
• Cabin cargo transport equipment (up to 323 kg in the cabin and further 150 kg in the baggage compartment)
• Cargo sling (650 kg)
• Transponder (mode A/C)
Executive and Private Transport
Excellent flying qualities and high inherent safety make the SW-4 an optimum helicopter to transport up to 4 people. The large cabin provides passengers with excellent comfort, ample legroom and superior external visibility. Access to the main cabin area is through 2 rear sliding doors and 2 forward hinged doors on both sides of the fuselage.
1. The spacious cabin
2. Superior external visibility for passengers
3. Low acquisition and operating costs
4. Best range and endurance in light single engine helicopters class (up to 1,800 kg)
Benefitting from modern technology, low operating cost, excellent flying characteristics and capable of operations in day and night VFR conditions; the SW-4 is ideally-suited to police/security multi-mission requirements.
5. Equipped with dual controls powered by hydraulic amplifiers, crashworthy seats, dual pilot instrument panel, additional communications and navigation unit and emergency simulation unit
6. The spacious cabin can be configured to accommodate 1 stretcher and 1 attendant, plus equipment
7. Excellent external visibility
8. Competitive acquisition and operating costs
The cabin has been designed to provide high levels of operational flexibility. It can be quickly and easily reconfigured from a passenger layout to a cargo solution capable of carrying up to 323 kg (710lb) in the cabin and further 150 kg (331 lb) in the baggage compartment. Access to the main cabin area Is through 2 rear sliding doors and 2 forward hinged doors on both sides of the cabin.
SW-4 can transport goods using cargo sling with maximum capacity 650 kg (1,433 lb). Equipped with bambi bucket (455 litres) SW-4 can also fulfill firefighting missions.
1. Spacious cabin, easy to be reconfigured
2. Excellent external visibility
3. Competitive acquisition and operating costs
SW-4 features excellent flying qualities and inherent safety by design; essential attributes for training operations. The helicopter can be configured for basic and advanced flying training.
1. Equipped with dual controls powered by hydraulic amplifiers, crashworthy seats, dual pilot instrument panel, additional communications and navigation unit and emergency simulation unit
2. Good visibility through all windows