The Decoy Launching System (ODLS) is a remote controlled system suitable for launching different types of multipurpose ammunition. Special versions can fire rockets of caliber other than 105-mm - 118-mm which represents the standard size. The ODLS is designed for accurate deployment of decoys, thus providing passive defence for a ship against radar and IR homing missiles and can also be employed in shore bombardment role.
The main characteristics of the ODLS are:
- Capability to simultaneously load different types of rockets (Chaff, IR, Illuminating);
- Automatic selection of the type of rocket to be fired;
- Continuous engagement action thanks to rapid reloading of launching units;
- Complete automatic control by the ship s EWS;
- Safe operation under all operational conditions;
- No deck penetration.