Our Configuration Management processes are applied from early design of the system throughout the product life cycle, and include the following activities:
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration Audits
These activities are based on:
- NATO standards (AQAP-2110; AQAP-150; STANAG 4159; STANAG 4427 and ACMP)
- Military handbook (MIL HDBK-61)
- ISO (10007).
Specific customer system requirements are managed by the Configuration Management Plan. Our Configuration Management enables the customer to know about:
- the current system configuration;
- modifications and upgrades to the weapon systems (that can occur during their life cycle) and relevant kits (including technical manuals, training, spare parts, special tools, etc.) to keep their system updated;
- it ensures that all Configuration Items, tools, maintenance documentations etc. have been correctly identified and updated, and that the personnel are properly trained in maintenance operations.
All the activities included in the Configuration Management are performed throughout our Company’s Information System: PDM (Product Data Management), Sherpa and Windchill PDM Link PTC, SAP.
Furthermore, Defence Systems Division provides the customer with an On-line configuration visibility thanks to the SAP CS (Customer Support).